See how our people pride themselves at Shaw...
At the heart of Shaw are our nurses and we are looking to support those starting their journey as a registered Nurse and to develop and nurture those who are already experienced nurses. We offer excellent career opportunities and provide regular training to help you achieve senior roles.
Role examples: RMN, RGN, Staff Nurse, Clinical Lead, Team Leader Nursing
These are hugely important roles to those in our care. These individuals are placed in positions of great trust; Kind, patient, considerate and caring interactions are vital to ensure the wellness and happiness of those we care for. We provide comprehensive training for all types of people, those with no experience looking to start a career in care to dedicated qualifications for experienced carers looking to specialise in a specific field of care.
Role examples: Support Worker, Senior Support Worker
Good care is a part of a greater sum, of course, those delivering the care are essential but other roles in the Shaw family take good care to great care. We value highly people who ensure safe and clean environments, those who entertain and provide leisurely exercise, those that make sure services run smoothly and enable others to do their jobs well.
Role examples: Domestic Assistant, Activity Champion, Maintenance Operative, Service Administrator, Concierge
Managerial roles are often key to the success of the happiness of those living and working within a service. Their ability to be aware of their teams’ strengths and to apply them effectively whilst motivating and developing them means that we can deliver the quality of care that we would expect for our own loved ones. Their role is to champion the safety, dignity and independence of those in their care.
Role examples: Service Manager, Deputy Manager, Unit Manager, Team Leader
Mealtimes are opportunities to be social and we want our dining experiences to be pleasurable from beginning to end - Well laid out dining areas and tables, tasty and well-presented food, consideration for dietary and cultural requirements, well timed service – we offer many roles where catering skills can be used to enhance individuals’ experience of care.
Role examples: Cook, Senior Cook, Catering Assistant
Training is essential. We have a comprehensive range of training and qualifications to prepare individuals and keep them abreast of best practices. Our range of training courses has been created with careful consideration of helping individuals achieve a chosen career path, all levels of training for any care related role.
Amazing rewards, recognition and benefits for everyone...
- Suggestion schemes with financial rewards for ideas that are used to improve our business. The more impact the idea has the larger the reward.
- Shaw Leadership programme – those recognised for excelling in their roles are offered a bespoke training package to take them to the next step of their career.
- Refer a friend – We offer up to £1000 for people who you refer and continue their career with Shaw.
- Long Service Awards - We host award ceremonies to reward the loyalty of those who have been employed with Shaw for milestone periods. So many of our employees are loyal that the events have become a new annual date in the Shaw diary.
- Excellent rates of pay – We pay Real Living Wage - The minimum any employee earns is £9.90 per hour
- Child-care vouchers
- Pension scheme
- Excellent development and promotion opportunities
- Work towards qualifications
- Retail discounts and vouchers
- Holiday discounts
- Online benefits and cashback rewards
- Employee assistance program to all contracted staff including face to face counselling
- Each of our employees have access to a range of benefits designed to make their money go further including discounts on purchases at high street stores, restaurants, supermarkets, travel agents, etc.
- We also offer an Employee Assistance Helpline where employees can access free advice to guide them through any situation that may affect them, in or outside work.