Residential Deputy Manager for Forest View
West Sussex,United Kingdom
Expires in 16 days
Job Introduction (External)
Shaw healthcare are recruiting a Residential Deputy Manager for Forest View Residential Home in Burgess Hill to deliver a quality of care and support to our service users in line with our care principles of 'wellness, happiness, and kindness'. You will work together with the Home Manager to ensure that the physical, social, psychological and emotional needs of our service users are met.
Forest View is a 60 bedded residential care home providing care for older people including people with dementia.
Location: Southway, Burgess Hill, West Sussex RH15 9SU
Hours: 37.5 per week
- Employee Ownership Trust
- 30 days annual leave
- Company Maternity Pay (after a qualifying period)
- Individualised professional development programmes
- Refer a Friend Scheme of up to £1,000
- Retail/Leisure/Holiday and travel discounts
Shaw Healthcare is one of the UK’s leading Health and Social care providers who deliver a wide spectrum of care in a variety of purpose-built care environments; care homes for the elderly, specialist dementia units, mental health units and low secure psychiatric hospitals.
We highly value the wonderful contribution of our employees and it is our ethos to put people first by involving our people in key decision-making. We are the only employee ownership trust within the healthcare sector.
This means that Shaw is 51% owned by its staff
Essentials Skills & Duties of a Deputy Manager:
- Good working knowledge of CQC standards and the Health and Social Act 2008;
- Developing and implementing evidence based individualised care packages, therapeutic interventions, and individualised activity programmes;
- Leading and supervising the support and nursing teams to deliver the highest standards of person-centred care using clinical governance and their own personal development;
- You will be familiar in areas concerning sickness management, staff training and development, and coaching and mentoring. You will have an effective way of communicating with your team;
- Be able to communicate and engage effectively with our service users, their families and colleagues, good interpersonal and working relationship skills are essential;
- Have a good understanding of the disabilities, health and social care needs, of service users and assist those who have mobility or continence needs, using the appropriate aids and equipment;
- Provide appropriate levels of care and support to ensure that personal hygiene needs are met, (washing, dressing, bathing, using the toilet);
- It is essential to be Health and Safety aware, to ensure the safety of our services users and colleagues.
The Ideal Candidate
- QCF Level 3 or above
- Previous experience as a Deputy Manager
- Experience of supporting the elderly
- A strong knowledge of person-centred care
- Working closely with each resident, assessing their needs and delivering a care plan that helps each person to live a fuller life
- You’ll provide the very best levels of care, make sure that all procedures are carried out to the highest of standards and optimising the wellbeing of every resident