Maintenance Operative at Deerswood Lodge
West Sussex,United Kingdom
£10.37 per hour
Expires in 24 days
Job Introduction (External)
Maintenance Operative - £10.37 per hour
Shaw healthcare are delighted to announce that we are now a Real Living Wage Employer as well as the UK’s only employee owned healthcare company. In our recognition of your contribution to the care that our service users need, we are committed to making sure your salary is significantly more than the Government National Minimum Wage. Our employees are at the centre of everything we do……
Are you a Friendly, Compassionate and Caring person who is looking for a career where you feel valued and where you are rewarded for the work that you do? If so, this could be the perfect opportunity for you. Do you enjoy seeing people get the most out of every day and achieve what they want in life? This is what a Career in Shaw healthcare is all about. We look to provide as much flexible working as possible to secure your work/life balance.
Shaw healthcare is looking for a Maintenance Operative to join the team at Deerswood Lodge in Crawley. You will join a team that is fully committed to making a difference to the lives of those who we provide care for. Our aim is to deliver the highest standard of care to our service users and to provide the same standard of care that we would expect our own family members to receive. Deerswood Lodge has an excellent reputation as highly valued provider of care. The needs of our service users are at the centre of all we do every single day.
In partnership with our Home Manager, your role will be to maintain our Home and grounds, ensuring all areas are free from hazards and all equipment and systems are safe and in full working order. As a valued member of our team, you will be responsible for:
- Ensuring the exterior of our building and grounds are maintained to a safe and good standard
- Coordinating and controlling all building works and refurbishments with minimum disturbance to our residents and staff.
- Carrying out routine monitoring and repairs on all systems and liaising with our Home Manager if specialist repairs are necessary.
- Ensuring regular test and checks are carried out and recorded, including boilers function checks, fire alarm systems activation and water services and water temperature tests
- Advising Home Manager on any potential maintenance problems, e.g. heating systems, refrigeration, electrics, gas, and faulty equipment
- Complying with all aspects of Health & Safety at Work Act (e.g. COSHH) to assist in the maintenance of a safe and healthy working environment, including recording all health and safety checks
- Ensuring that safety and cleanliness within our Care Home and grounds is to the satisfaction of the Environmental Health, Fire and Safety at Work regulations
- Making sure tools and equipment are maintained and stored safely
- Being the first port of call for staff when repairs are required and assisting with the induction of staff, e.g. operation of emergency exits, fire points and evacuation procedures
- Giving advice over the telephone and/or being prepared to be called out to the Home in emergencies when off duty.
- Assisting with driving the Home’s minibus, or similar vehicles, for residents’ outings, as requested by the Home Manager.
We will provide you with full training. This includes our leadership programme which can support your development and opportunities for progression within Shaw. You will also enjoy access to a huge variety of benefits and services to support your physical and psychological well-being and throughout your career we will invest in you and you will enjoy additional support and benefits including:
- Excellent Career Opportunities
- Care Qualifications
- Over the last 12 months our employees have received over £700 each in tax free bonuses!
- Refer a Friend bonus scheme (earn up to £1000 for each referral by you)
- Paid annual leave 28 days per year (based on hours) inclusive of bank holidays
- Company Sick Pay
- Enhanced payrates for bank holidays
- Free Uniform
- Discounted Homemade Meals while on Shift
- Pension scheme
- Colleague discounts – Access to over 1600 high street discounts including carefully selected discount partners.
- Holiday discounts
- Death in service payment *subject to criteria
- Outstanding recognition schemes such as Shaw Star Awards and Long Service Awards
- Online benefits and cashback rewards
- Our support to your Wellbeing includes free of charge access to an independent and confidential Employee Assistance Programme. This gives Colleagues and their family access to 24/7 365 support for a whole range of issues including physical, mental and financial issues
Salary: £10.37 per hour
Working Hours: 42 hours per week (Monday to Friday). The shift times are 08:00-17:00 Mon to Thurs and 08:00-16:30 on a Fri
APPLY TODAY! Be one of the special people that make a difference!