Clinical Deputy Manager at Homefield House
Expires in 34 days
Job Introduction (External)
Are you a Dynamic, ambitious Deputy Manager looking for an exciting new opportunity?
We currently are recruiting for a Clinical Deputy Manager to be part of the management team at Homefield House.
The service offers nursing, residential and respite care to up to 24 residents.
In addition to being a fully qualified nurse, you will need to have demonstrable experience supporting elderly service users, preferably those with dementia.
Hours - 37.5 hours per week
Salary - £37,855
- 35 days annual leave
- Employee Owned company – in the last 12 months all employees have had up to £900Tax free bonus!
- Individualised professional development programmes
- Refer a Friend Scheme of up to £1,000
- Retail/Leisure/Holiday and travel discounts
Shaw Healthcare is one of the UK’s leading Health and Social care providers who deliver a wide spectrum of care in a variety of purpose-built care environments; care homes for the elderly, specialist dementia units, mental health units and low secure psychiatric hospitals.
We highly value the wonderful contribution of our employees and it is our ethos to put people first by involving our people in key decision-making. We are the only employee ownership trust within the healthcare sector.
This means that Shaw is 51% owned by its staff
As well as being clinically responsible for certain operational areas, you will also take a significant role in the management of the staff team. You will be dealing daily with issues concerning sickness management, staff training and development, and coaching and mentoring. You will have an effective way of communicating with your team, and above all, act as a champion for everything that you do.
You will report into the Registered Manager, playing an important part of the onsite clinical and management team. You will support the manager in leading and supervising a large staff team to deliver the highest standards of care. This role is central in maintaining and further developing our care principles, which centre on 'wellness, happiness, and kindness'. You will work with the local community, GP's and professionals to deliver care that truly enables residents to continue to lead as full a life as possible
- To assist the Service Manager in providing leadership to staff in order to deliver the highest possible quality of care within a safe working and living environment
- To lead the nursing teams to provide high quality, person centred care and support in way which promotes: dignity; privacy; safety and independence and which promotes equality & diversity for everyone living and working in the Service.
- To support the Service Manager to manage the effective use of resources, including those which impact on the financial performance of the Service, and maintain high levels of occupancy.
- To comply with all regulatory and legislative requirements at all times.
- To ensure the smooth and effective running of the transitional unit within the home and liaise with external health professionals.
- To provide Clinical Leadership and supervision within the Service
- Will have full accountability for Infection Control implementation and audit throughput the service.
- To be a good role model for all employees, being approachable and providing a regular presence and visibility with all levels of employees.
- To monitor and maintain standards of nursing and care provision within the Service in line with Shaw healthcare’s Vision “To provide the quality of care we would want for our loved ones”; policies and procedures.
- To effectively manage the transitional unit and ensure that the admissions and discharges are as per the contract and liaise with external Health professionals.
- To support the Service Manager with recruitment activities and to support new employees to be ‘onboarded’ fully and comprehensively
- To conduct regular reviews with new employees during their probationary period.
- To ensure all employees are effectively supervised as per policy and annually appraised and that the required standards of performance are being achieved using the approved tools provided.
- To ensure that all employees are mentored effectively to succeed in their roles and that mentors are appropriately briefed, trained and directed.
- To ensure complaints and suggestions are positively actioned and dealt with correctly, within the prescribed timescales.
- To support the Service Manager to achieve culture change and build and sustain employee engagement.
- In the absence of the Service Manager, to provide robust leadership within the Service and to escalate, without delay, issues which require more Senior support.
- To understand the legal requirements of the prevailing care and other relevant legislation and ensure the Unit complies; sharing best practice with other Unit Managers appropriately.
- To have a full understanding and working knowledge of all Shaw healthcare policies and procedures and ensure that all these policies are applied at all times.
- To ensure that the rota complies with the staffing ratio, meets the needs of the Service Users and that additional resources are not used without appropriate planning and authorisation.
- To be aware of the statutory obligations and understand how the Service meets them (e.g. environmental health, health and safety).
- To liaise effectively with Central Support Services, building good working relationships, as required for the good operation of the Service.
- To work as the infection control lead for the whole home and work with both internal and external partners to ensure high standards are adhered to.
- To ensure the security and confidentially of records and information relating to the Unit
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous experience as a Clinical Lead or Senior Nurse
- A strong knowledge of person-centered care
- Working closely with each resident, assessing their needs and delivering a care plan that helps each person to live a fuller life
- You’ll provide the very best levels of clinical care, make sure that all procedures are carried out to the highest of standards and optimising the wellbeing of every resident