Clinical Home Manager at New Elmcroft
West Sussex,United Kingdom
Expires in 9 days
Job Introduction (External)
Shaw healthcare are looking for an experienced Clinical Home Manager to join the team at our New Elmcroft care service based in Shoreham By Sea.
New Elmcroft is a 60-bed service which provides a range of services including nursing and residential dementia care.
As the Clinical Home Manager, you will have full clinical and business operational control and responsibility for the service which you will report to the Regional Operations Manager. You will be supported by the Residential Deputy Manager to improve care standards and the resident experience across the service, through effective role modelling and challenge as required.
Hours – 37.5 hours per week
Salary – up to £65,000
Location: St Giles Close, Shoreham by Sea, West Sussex BN43 6GU
- Employee Ownership Trust which includes a Tax free bonus *in the last 12 months staff have received up to £800 tax free as a result of the EOT
- 35 days annual leave
- Individualised professional development programmes
- Refer a Friend Scheme of up to £1,000
- Retail/Leisure/Holiday and travel discounts
Shaw Healthcare is one of the UK’s leading Health and Social care providers who deliver a wide spectrum of care in a variety of purpose-built care environments; care homes for the elderly, specialist dementia units, mental health units and low secure psychiatric hospitals.
We highly value the wonderful contribution of our employees and it is our ethos to put people first by involving our people in key decision-making. We are the only employee ownership trust within the healthcare sector.
This means that Shaw is 51% owned by its staff
This position requires someone who is seeking a challenge and enjoys a busy environment. You will have excellent and proven leadership, organisational and business management skills to lead the team and meet the needs of your external stakeholders. The successful candidate will need to be able to generate and maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders and promoting confidence in the service across partner agencies.
You will be familiar with and have tangible evidence of being able to improve and sustain the improvement of KPI’s, drive care delivery standards, reduce agency use, improve staff engagement and retention to help achieve an ‘outstanding’.
- To utilise authentic leadership, role modelling and inspirational skills to motivate the team to deliver excellent quality of care
- To become the person in charge responsible for the day-to-day running of the Service with 24 hour responsibility for the care of the Service Users.
- To manage the effective use of resources, including the financial performance of the Service, and maintain high levels of occupancy.
- To provide improvement, independence and choice for Service Users.
- To comply with all regulatory and legislative requirements at all times and in particular the CQC for the Registration and Inspection of Nursing Homes and NMC guidelines.
- To be a good role model for all employees, being approachable and providing a regular presence and visibility with all levels of employees as well as being consistent in all actions and decisions.
- To set and maintain clear standards of care within the Service in line with Shaw healthcare’s Vision “To provide the quality of care we would want for our loved ones”, policies and procedures.
- To ensure that employee selection processes are applied thoroughly and that all candidates are treated professionally and that successful candidates are ‘onboarded’ fully and comprehensively
- To develop a culture of continuous quality improvement, using the framework of clinical governance
- To manage effectively the Service’s budgets and deliver the Key Performance Indicators set for the Service.
- To ensure that the Service complies with all statutory obligations and relevant legislation (e.g. environmental health, health and safety).
- To enable Service Users to control their own financial affairs, where possible, and finances monitored with up to date accurate records kept of all transactions. In the case of the Manager being the appointee for any Service User, the financial control of their affairs must be undertaken
- To ensure that the culture of meaningful activities is embedded in the Service and facilitated by the entire team
The Ideal Candidate
- Qualified Nurse with active pin
- Caring and Compassionate
- Experience of Managing a service of a similar size and client group
- Lead and Develop your team to delivery high quality care