Domestic Assistant Weekends At Abbott House
East Midlands,United Kingdom
£10.40 - £10.40
Expires in 14 days
Job Introduction (External)
Domestic Assistant - £10.40 per hour
Shaw healthcare are delighted to announce that we are now a Real Living Wage Employer as well as the UK’s only employee owned healthcare company. In our recognition of your contribution to the care that our service users need, we are committed to making sure your salary is significantly more than the Government National Minimum Wage. Our employees are at the centre of everything we do……
Are you a Friendly, Compassionate and Caring person who is looking for a career where you feel valued and where you are rewarded for the work that you do? If so, this could be the perfect opportunity for you. Do you enjoy seeing people get the most out of every day and achieve what they want in life? This is what a Career in Shaw healthcare is all about. We look to provide as much flexible working as possible to secure your work/life balance.
Shaw healthcare is looking for a Domestic Assistant to join the team in Abbott House in Oundle. You will join a team that is fully committed to making a difference to the lives of those who we provide care for. Our aim is to deliver the highest standard of care to our service users and to provide the same standard of care that we would expect our own family members to receive. You will be using the latest care technology that will enable you to spend more time with the service users that you care for. Abbott House has an excellent reputation as highly valued provider of care. The needs of our service users are at the centre of all we do every single day.
This is an excellent opportunity to join our nursing, dementia and residential home working within our busy domestic team.
You will work as part of a great team and be making a difference to our residents by providing an excellent standard of service within the home.
- Clean and sanitize rooms including furnishings in assigned work areas
- The ability to maintain high standards of cleanliness and tidiness of the service and Laundry causing minimal disruption to our services users and their care
- Be able to communicate and engage effectively with our service users, their families and colleagues, good interpersonal and working relationship skills are essential
- Will need to demonstrate the ability to work without direct supervision
- You will use a variety of cleaning products paying particular attention to COSHH regulated products
- You will have the ability to work on your own initiative and be able to maintain high level of hygiene within the home
We will provide you with full training. This includes our leadership programme which can support your development and opportunities for progression within Shaw. You will also enjoy access to a huge variety of benefits and services to support your physical and psychological well-being and throughout your career we will invest in you and you will enjoy additional support and benefits including:
- Excellent Career Opportunities
- Care Qualifications
- Over the last 12 months our employees have received over £700 each in tax free bonuses!
- Refer a Friend bonus scheme (earn up to £1000 for each referral by you)
- Paid annual leave 28 days per year (based on hours) inclusive of bank holidays
- Company Sick Pay
- Enhanced payrates for bank holidays
- Free Uniform
- Death in service payment *subject to criteria
- Discounted Homemade Meals while on Shift
- Pension scheme
- Colleague discounts – Access to over 1600 high street discounts including carefully selected discount partners.
- Holiday discounts
- Outstanding recognition schemes such as Shaw Star Awards and Long Service Awards
- Online benefits and cashback rewards
- Our support to your Wellbeing includes free of charge access to an independent and confidential Employee Assistance Programme. This gives Colleagues and their family access to 24/7 365 support for a whole range of issues including physical, mental and financial issues
You don’t need to have previous experience in this field, nor do you need qualifications – we’re happy to work with you to help you become an excellent member of our team.
Salary: £10.40 per hour
Working Hours: 14 Hours per week. two 7 hour shifts on the weekend.
APPLY TODAY! Be one of the special people that make a difference!