Chef at Homefield House
Expires in 20 days
Job Introduction (External)
Chef - £11.71 per hour
Shaw healthcare are delighted to announce that we are now a Real Living Wage Employer as well as the UK’s only employee owned healthcare company. In our recognition of your contribution to the care that our service users need, we are committed to making sure your salary is significantly more than the Government National Minimum Wage. Our employees are at the centre of everything we do……
Are you a Friendly, Compassionate and Caring person who is looking for a career where you feel valued and where you are rewarded for the work that you do? If so, this could be the perfect opportunity for you. Do you enjoy seeing people get the most out of every day and achieve what they want in life? This is what a Career in Shaw healthcare is all about. We look to provide as much flexible working as possible to secure your work/life balance.
Shaw healthcare is looking for a Chef to join the team at Homefield house in Basingstoke. You will join a team that is fully committed to making a difference to the lives of those who we provide care for. Our aim is to deliver the highest standard of care to our service users and to provide the same standard of care that we would expect our own family members to receive. Homefield house has an excellent reputation as highly valued provider of care. The needs of our service users are at the centre of all we do every single day.
You will liaise with our Home Manager, Nutritional Therapist and staff to ensure high-quality fresh, home-cooked food is provided every day. You will also establish a rapport with our residents and their families in order to satisfy their dietary needs. You will be responsible for:
- Preparing, cooking and serving meals for residents and others as required, in a timely manner.
- Providing a varied diet, catering for the cultural preferences of those who use our services.
- Catering for celebrations and other events in our Home.
- Ordering supplies within the catering budget and company policy guidelines, using approved suppliers in the absence of the senior cook
- Maintaining accurate catering records in accordance with HACCP.
- Participating in inspections by Environmental Health and/or care regulators and Local Authorities.
- Maintaining a high standard of hygiene within the kitchen by adhering to HACCP and COSHH guidelines.
- Assisting in the maintenance of a safe and healthy working environment by ensuring adherence to Health & Safety and Welfare.
- Ability to manage the Catering Team.
- Excellent Career Opportunities
- Care Qualifications
- Over the last 12 months our employees have received over £700 each in tax free bonuses!
- Refer a Friend bonus scheme (earn up to £1000 for each referral by you)
- Paid annual leave 28 days per year (based on hours) inclusive of bank holidays
- Company Sick Pay
- Enhanced payrates for bank holidays
- Free Uniform
- Discounted Homemade Meals while on Shift
- Pension scheme
- Colleague discounts – Access to over 1600 high street discounts including carefully selected discount partners.
- Holiday discounts
- Outstanding recognition schemes such as Shaw Star Awards and Long Service Awards
- Online benefits and cashback rewards
- Our support to your Wellbeing includes free of charge access to an independent and confidential Employee Assistance Programme. This gives Colleagues and their family access to 24/7 365 support for a whole range of issues including physical, mental and financial issues
We will provide you with full training. This includes our leadership programme which can support your development and opportunities for progression within Shaw. You will also enjoy access to a huge variety of benefits and services to support your physical and psychological well-being and throughout your career we will invest in you and you will enjoy additional support and benefits including:
Salary: £11.71 per hour
Working Hours: 20 hours a week
APPLY TODAY! Be one of the special people that make a difference!