Day Nurse at Warmere Court
West Sussex,United Kingdom
Expires in 34 days
Job Introduction (Internal)
Nurse at Warmere Court - £20.50 per Hour
Shaw healthcare are delighted to announce that we are now a Real Living Wage Employer as well as the UK’s only employee owned healthcare company. In our recognition of your contribution to the care that our service users need, we are committed to making sure your salary is significantly more than the Government National Minimum Wage. Our employees are at the centre of everything we do……
Are you a Friendly, Compassionate and Caring person who is looking for a career where you feel valued and where you are rewarded for the work that you do? If so, this could be the perfect opportunity for you. Do you enjoy seeing people get the most out of every day and achieve what they want in life? This is what a Career in Shaw healthcare is all about. We look to provide as much flexible working as possible to secure your work/life balance.
Shaw healthcare is looking for a Nurse to join the team in Warmere Court in Yapton.
You will join a team that is fully committed to making a difference to the lives of those who we provide care for. Our aim is to deliver the highest standard of care to our service users and to provide the same standard of care that we would expect our own family members to receive. You will be using the latest care technology that will enable you to spend more time with the service users that you care for. Warmere Court has an excellent reputation as highly valued provider of care. The needs of our service users are at the centre of all we do every single day.
Job Introduction (External)
About the service:
Warmere Court care home is situated in the picturesque West Sussex town of Yapton and is close to the town centre with all its shops and amenities. The superb purpose built care home provides 40 spacious en-suite bedrooms .
As a Nurse your key duties include:
- Ensure the highest possible standards of care, assessing residents' needs and wishes, and developing services to enhance their quality of life
- Champion appropriate independence and personal choice; developing, reviewing and updating care plans to meet our resident’s physical, social and psychological needs
- Oversee all aspects of medicine management on your shift – ensuring medicines are appropriately received, stored and administered, in accordance with company policies and current legislation
- Build the positive reputation of the Business; liaise professionally with visitors and other external stakeholders
- Ensure compliance with all legal, regulatory and best practice guidelines – identify, investigate and resolve risks proactively
- Support, guide, teach and mentor others in line with the NMC Code, following its guidance at all times
The following skills and experience would be preferred and beneficial for the role:
- The ability to lead a team, analyse problems and propose solutions or improvements
- Able to communicate effectively and to develop professional relationships
- Understands and effectively uses IT and communication systems required for the role
- Respectful of the values, views and needs of others
- Able to work under pressure and prioritise workload
- Experience of delivering nursing care within elderly health care sector
- Experience of participating in quality and clinical governance programmes
We will provide you with full training. This includes our leadership programme which can support your development and opportunities for progression within Shaw. You will also enjoy access to a huge variety of benefits and services to support your physical and psychological well-being and throughout your career we will invest in you and you will enjoy additional support and benefits including:
- Excellent Career Opportunities
- Over the last 12 months our employees have received over £700 each in tax free bonuses!
- Refer a Friend bonus scheme (earn up to £1000 for each referral by you)
- Paid annual leave 35 days per year (based on hours) inclusive of bank holidays
- Company Sick Pay
- Death in service payment *subject to criteria
- Enhanced payrates for bank holidays
- Free Uniform
- Discounted Homemade Meals while on Shift
- Pension scheme
- Colleague discounts – Access to over 1600 high street discounts including carefully selected discount partners.
- Holiday discounts
- Outstanding recognition schemes such as Shaw Star Awards and Long Service Awards
- Online benefits and cashback rewards
- Our support to your Wellbeing includes free of charge access to an independent and confidential Employee Assistance Programme. This gives Colleagues and their family access to 24/7 365 support for a whole range of issues including physical, mental and financial issues
- NMC Registration Paid
Salary: £20.50 per hour
Working Hours: 48 hours per week, Shift Time 07:45-20:15
APPLY TODAY! Be one of the special people that make a difference!