Bank Chef at Croft Meadow
West Sussex,United Kingdom
Temporary / Casual
£12.80 per hour
Expires in 35 days
Job Introduction (External)
Bank Chef - £12.80 per hour
Shaw healthcare are delighted to announce that we are now a Real Living Wage Employer as well as the UK’s only employee owned healthcare company. In our recognition of your contribution to the care that our service users need, we are committed to making sure your salary is significantly more than the Government National Minimum Wage. Our employees are at the centre of everything we do……
Are you a Friendly, Compassionate and Caring person who is looking for a career where you feel valued and where you are rewarded for the work that you do? If so, this could be the perfect opportunity for you. Do you enjoy seeing people get the most out of every day and achieve what they want in life? This is what a Career in Shaw healthcare is all about. We look to provide as much flexible working as possible to secure your work/life balance.
Shaw healthcare is looking for a Bank Chef to join the team at Croft Meadow in Steyning. You will join a team that is fully committed to making a difference to the lives of those who we provide care for. Our aim is to deliver the highest standard of care to our service users and to provide the same standard of care that we would expect our own family members to receive. Croft Meadow has an excellent reputation as highly valued provider of care. The needs of our service users are at the centre of all we do every single day.
You will liaise with our Home Manager, Nutritional Therapist and staff to ensure high-quality fresh, home-cooked food is provided every day. You will also establish a rapport with our residents and their families in order to satisfy their dietary needs. You will be responsible for:
- Preparing, cooking and serving meals for residents and others as required, in a timely manner.
- Providing a varied diet, catering for the cultural preferences of those who use our services.
- Catering for celebrations and other events in our Home.
- Ordering supplies within the catering budget and company policy guidelines, using approved suppliers in the absence of the senior cook
- Maintaining accurate catering records in accordance with HACCP.
- Participating in inspections by Environmental Health and/or care regulators and Local Authorities.
- Maintaining a high standard of hygiene within the kitchen by adhering to HACCP and COSHH guidelines.
- Assisting in the maintenance of a safe and healthy working environment by ensuring adherence to Health & Safety and Welfare.
- Ability to manage the Catering Team
Salary: £12.80 per hour
Working Hours: 0-hour contract
APPLY TODAY! Be one of the special people that make a difference!